When deciding where to travel abroad, personal safety and security is a major concern. Here are the top ten of the safest countries to consider before departing on your next international trip.
Not only is it an excellent choice to visit due to its breathtaking landscapes, the occurrence of violent crime in the country is practically non-existent. A few other ideal reasons to visit Finland include:
- The ethereal beauty of The Northern Lights.
- Helsinki and Russian cathedrals.
- Visit Santa throughout the year at his home office in Rovaniemi.
With 97% of its population considered middle-class, and the third lowest incidence of murder in the world, this country obviously leaves its visitors in awe. A few other reasons to visit Iceland include:
- From the middle of May through the end of July, constant sunlight.
- Immerse yourself and re-energize in the waters of geothermal energy.
- Know as the ‘Land of Ice and Fire,’ Iceland has a plethora of volcanoes and glaciers.
3. Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s police force is known for its politeness yet constant surveillance of the area. A few attractions you may want to visit during your next excursion include:
- Cultural diversity reigns in cuisine, shopping and nightlife.
- Festivities, fireworks, and carnivals throughout the year.
- With one of the best transportation networks in the world, choose air, sea, taxi, train, or tram.
Due to the population’s strong work ethic and religious doctrine, the rural communities of Norway have very little crime. A few other attractions that make the country a must-see include:
- The country’s inhabitants are among the most content in the world.
- Enjoy the wonder of natural fjords formed by glacial erosion.
- Yes, more than one country enjoys 24 hours of sunlight.
Most citizens are law-abiding and brandish guns in public. Due to the government’s acceptance and pride of its residents, the pro-gun policy seems to deter criminals. Other reasons to visit include:
- Nothing comes close to Swiss cuisine, fondue and not to mention, chocolates.
- See the Matterhorn, and the Alps in-person.
- And yet again, 24 hours of constant sunlight.
Overall, these people are too polite to be criminals. While traveling there, take time to enjoy a few amenities:
- Volcanic caves or beautiful emerald shores.
- Heated, natural springs provide an outdoor spa.
- Dine on fresh seafood anytime, all the time.
Besides low crime rates and practically no terrorist threats, you should visit Austria because:
- Mozart, Strauss, and Wagner were all Austrian.
- Vienna’s coffee houses.
- Fairytale villages.
Besides its relatively low crime compared to the United States, travel to Sweden for:
- Reindeer – need we say more?
- It’s the home of Vikings.
- The Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi.
10. The Netherlands
Also known for few occurrences of crime, travel to the Netherlands to see:
- The Rijksmuseum.
- The Garden of Europe.
- The Amsterdam Canals.